Each month, TAP will be profiling one of our amazing members! This month’s member of the month is Lily Yin!
1. Tell us about yourself! It can be about anything – where you grew up, your professional background, your hobbies
I was born and raised in Taipei, moved to sunny Southern California, specifically Arcadia (which is where Din Tai Fun is!), when I was 12, then attended USC for both my undergrad and masters in Accounting. I am currently an assurance researcher with Ernst & Young’s national office in Times Square. Outside of crunching numbers, I love to dance/yoga, do artsy things, explore the city spontaneously, and go on lots of food adventures!
2. Why did you join TAP? What are your favorite events?
When I first moved here to New York last summer, I was in desperate need of some Asian friends who I can go on Asian food adventures with. So, I decided to google young Asian professional networks, and TAP showed up! I immediately signed up for the Scavenger Hunt, which turned out to be one of my favorite TAP events. I was teamed up with other free agents, who turned out to be some of my greatest friends in New York, and we had tons of fun exploring various parts of Manhattan together! Another one of my favorite events was the TAP Lunar New Year Banquet in February. In addition to the delicious 9 course meal, some fun trivia games and activities, and a wild pop-up after party, I had the wonderful opportunity to perform a traditional Chinese dance piece for everyone that night!
3. Tell us something cool that happened to you this past year.
– I attended the Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show taping twice in one week in February! I’m pretty sure Josh Duhamel, one of the gorgeous guests, winked at me. Or maybe his eye just twitched, we’ll never know.
– I won broadway musical lottery tickets for Book of Mormon, Aladdin, Kinky Boots, Wicked, and On the Town! I’m normally horrible with lotteries and raffles, so this was a very big deal!
– I went on a fun, but slightly trashy, trip to Atlantic City with my friends and won $50 from slots!
– And most recently, I woke up at 5am for a Daybreaker dance party on a boat! I was not quite productive at work that day, but it was well worth it!
4. If we wanted to hang out, where would we find you?
For day time on the weekends, probably boozy brunching or exploring somewhere in the city. For dinner time, probably eating at some 4 to 5 star-rated restaurants on Yelp. For post-dinner time, probably on the dance floor at some bar or lounge. At all other times, you can find me at TAP events hanging out with my awesome TAP buddies!
5. What’s your advice for any newer members who want to get more involved?
Don’t be afraid to sign up for TAP events and activities as a free agent! I was a little hesitant when I signed up for my first event as a free agent, but I ended up loving it and meeting so many wonderful people, who I now hang out with regularly! Everyone at TAP is super friendly and fun, which is what makes TAP such a great place to network, mingle, and meet new people!